Sunday 26 August 2012

Lori on the trail

lori on trail



Today we stopped early and it's the first day of the pilgrimage that I haven't been totally exhausted when we reached the hostel. it's lovely, chose my bed (a bottom bunk), had a shower, washed my clothes and now am enjoying a cold drink on the patio. The sore muscles are taming down and my pack is lighter so I'm not feeling quite as overwhelmed. Arlene and I both mailed a box ahead to Santiago to pick up at the end of the walk. Things I thought were imperative, even though hearing over and over to keep a light backpack, turned out to be dispensable after all. It has been so hot for walking, in the high 30's but we have been managing and a plus is we have been perspiring so much we rarely have to go potty even though we are drinking copious amounts of water. If anyone is wondering, there hasn't been the need to use my nifty pee gizmo yet.


 Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment