Thursday 30 August 2012

Vienna

photo (12)



photo (13)

 

Tuesday - Aug 28
I am up early ( 5 am) enjoying a bit more WiFi time in the hostel kitchen. I had a great sleep last, yeah!
Dinner last night was shared salad, shared cannelloni and best of all shared pitcher of sangria in an out door cafe. Still quite warm at 7:00 . It is hard to say jug in Spanish. One of those throat and rolling "r" words. I will master it in time though, I am sure! 
12:30...we rock! Did 20 km and considering another 9.5. 
Lori is a great co pilgrim but I did the last 4km with some old friends. Seal, V Carlton, D Chicks, G Campbell, James Hunter, the Rankins. I don't use my iPhone often for music but I think I will more as we go on; especially at the end when you need the extra lift.
We decided to enjoy the town and then go to the next town bright and early to enjoy it. We started so early this morning that it was still dark and I wore my headlight.
Now we are out of the hot mid day sun and  enjoying a beautiful pilgrim's meal in a cool stone walled building.
photo (11)


We had salad, and shared salmon and rabbit. Wine as usual.  We have the whole evening ahead of us now. Our hostel is the one in the movie with triple bunk beds .  Happily we drew bottom and second with our tickets. We take turns when an upper bunk is unavoidable and tonight it is my turn. I will be as spry as a spider monkey when this is over.


photo (10)

No comments:

Post a Comment