Wednesday 5 September 2012

Great Legs!

photo (26) Tuesday - September 4th
We are staying in a little town
called Hornillos. We only walked 20 km today. Did you hear what I just said! Ha ha Suddenly 20 km seems like a day of rest. It is quite the thing to sleep in a big city one day and then a little town the next. It is a continuous string of beautiful country scenery, historic cities, major cathedrals and monasteries. 
This town is almost perfect; only missing WiFi. 
It is time for me to buy a sleeping bag but no luck so far. I brought a silk liner only to start  but there has been a few chilly nights of late and I am happy to see a nice wool blanket folded on the foot of my bed.
You may wonder if we are taking a break from the hostels. We have not so far. We are enjoying paying 5E each night and it is a long trip. We also cannot avoid snoring by going to a hotel because we both do that now and then without warning or reason. One night the snoring was so    steady and all inclusive in a room with 20 + pilgrims that I left my ear plugs out and pretended that it was a choir singing for me. It worked! ( the wine at dinner may have helped too)
Pilgrim A



Sincerely 
Arlene 

photo (28)
Pilgrims of all ages, shapes, and sizes. Common denominator..great legs!

No comments:

Post a Comment